The term ‘My Aerial Home' (MAH) or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Amanda Miles, the school and its approved teachers. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or participant in the class, course or session.
By registering for and participating in classes and practice times you agree to comply with these terms and conditions of use.
These terms and conditions set out the following:
My Aerial Home Membership is obligatory for those participating in classes, courses, training or practising at My Aerial Home. Aerial activities involve an element of risk and physical exertion. Whilst practical measures are taken to reduce risk we cannot eliminate all possibilities of injury. Membership does not include accident insurance. Please ensure you inform your teacher(s) about any medical condition you have that may affect you in class. We reserve the right not to teach any student we feel may not be fit ebough to undertake the activity safely.
Training and practice at My Aerial Home is subject to the following code of conduct:
· You must sign in before each class or practice session.
· You will at all times show respect to all teachers, users, students and visitors at MAH.
· You undertake to behave in a responsible manner at all times.
· No one will be allowed to partake in practice time at MAH unless they are undertaking a class at MAH or have been given approval and deemed a safe aerial practitioner.
· You will, at all times, endeavor to work in a safe manner, ensuring your own safety and the safety of others. You will not take part in activities that might be beyond your skill level unless properly supervised by a teacher who has been approved and engaged by My Aerial Home. NO OTHER TEACHING SUPERVISION is acceptable if you are undertaking a new trick or activity.
· The practice sessions are for the use of MAH members to practice and hone skills, tricks and moves taught at their class or to create routines.
· If you are moving safety equipment such as crash mats you must ensure that the mat is the correct thickness and size for the height of equipment and, if required, a non-slip mat has been placed under the crash mat. If you are unsure contact a MAH approved teacher.
· Impromptu teaching groups are not permitted as they contradict MAH’s health and safety rules and insurance guidelines.
· My Aerial Home reserves the right to terminate classes with groups or individuals or to substitute teachers at short notice.
· Please take responsibility for the tidiness and care of the equipment provided for your use at MAH.
· Please wear suitable clothing for classes. This generally means clean, close fitting training wear. All jewellery and piercings must be removed before training. Outdoor shoes should not be worn when using any of the equipment.
· All accidents must be reported to a MAH teacher immediately.
· Any loss of blood or bodily fluid must be reported to a MAH teacher immediately.
· Please put all equipment away after use.
· Mobile phones must not be used during classes. Recording equipment may be used with permission of your teacher.
· Before booking a course, we will ask you to complete and return the attached membership form and medical form. The medical form contains information on previous fitness training, any injuries or relevant medication and details of a current emergency contact.
· A completed, signed waiver must be received from all participants before training or starting a course at MAH.
· Classes are booked in a six week block, except for intensive courses which vary in length.
· The fee for a six week block of classes, consisting of six one hour classes, is £90.00.
· Classes, especially Beginner and Foundation Courses, are progressive. Attendance to each class is therefore strongly recommended.
· 1:1 sessions are available at a cost of £25.00 for half an hour and £50.00 for an hour.
· 2:1 sessions are available at a cost of £36.00 for half an hour and £72.00 for an hour.
· From time to time MAH may offer courses which are either shorter or longer than the usual six week period.
Tryout/taster sessions (for people new to aerial activity) are available on Mondays only. These sessions last for half an hour and cost £6.50 per session.
Practice Sessions are available between 6:00pm and 8:00pm as follows:
Monday: trapeze, hoop, rope or silks
Wednesday: rope, silks and hoop
Thursday: trapeze, rope, silks and hoop
The cost of these sessions is £6.50 for MAH members who are currently enrolled in classes. For non MAH members who are deemed safe practitioners or for MAH members who are not currently enrolled in classes the cost of these sessions is £8.00.
Practice sessions are not alternatives to classes.
· All fees must be paid prior to the start of the class/course/workshop with a deposit of £25.00, or such amount as stipulated by MAH, or full payment one week before the course begins. If you are a new client full payment must be received at least one week before the course starts. Without payment your place cannot be guaranteed or reserved. You may be subject to a cancellation fee if you do not inform My Aerial Home that you will not be attending a course after previously stating that you will.
· MAH can refuse entry to and participation in any course without explanation.
· Class by class booking is not possible unless there is a space in the class and only then at the discretion of MAH. Such bookings will cost £18.00 per one hour class.
· Fees are non refundable and non transferrable between booking blocks. Alternative classes on a different day may be offered at the discretion of MAH but only within the same booking block.
· Bookings cannot be postponed to a later date.
· A non-refundable deposit will be asked for to secure a place on an intensive course. This fee will be refunded if the course is cancelled but not if the participant has changed his or her mind.
· At least 48 hours notice is required to cancel 1:1 and 2:1 sessions, without which the full fee will be levied.
· If you have paid for a course, and the course has started, you cannot cancel your participation. To receive a refund of £65.00 (course fee less £25.00 non refundable deposit) on ordinary classes, the cancellation must be received seven days before the start of the course.
· Please see separate section below for conditions relating to intensive courses.
· Intensive courses vary in length and are as advertised.
· A non refundable deposit of between £50.00 will be asked for at the time of booking. This is to secure your place on the course and the remainder of the fee will be as stated on the invoice.
· The remainder of the fee must be paid no later than two weeks before the start of the course.
· In the case of illness, cancellation and refund of the remainder of the course fee (i.e. not the deposit) will only be acceptable upon receipt of a doctor's note.
· In the case of cancellation of the course due to anything other than illness, refund of the course fee (less the deposit) will be at the discretion of MAH.
· Please plan your journey to MAH carefully to ensure that you arrive in time to warm up fully prior to your class.
· Those arriving more than 15 minutes late for class will not be allowed to participate.